Powered by Blogger.

Yummy Banana Bread!

It's been so cold, rainy, and dreary here recently that it's put me in the baking mood.  If I can't get out, I'll just get in the kitchen!  My husband loves our banana bread recipe and he has a huge meeting on Wednesday at work, so Hadley and I decided to make him some "lucky banana bread" for the occasion.

You'll need:
2 c. flour
3/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter, softened
2 large eggs
3 bananas, mashed*
1/3 c. vanilla yogurt**
1 t. vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray your loaf pan with cooking spray (to keep it from sticking!)

2. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside.

3. Place sugar and butter in a large bowl and mix (we use our mixer) until well blended.



4. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.



5. Add bananas, vanilla yogurt, and vanilla extract.  Beat until blended.



6. Add flour mixture and mix on low speed until just moist.



7. Pour batter into loaf pan and back for 1 hour.  Let cool before attempting to get it out of the pan.



8. Enjoy!



*We always seem to have leftover bananas that are going to go bad, so I just toss them in the freezer until we make banana bread.  I've made this bread both ways: regular bananas and frozen bananas, and I think the frozen ones work better.  They are mushier and juicier!



** You can also use plain yogurt, but I think the vanilla gives it a little extra flavor!

This is just a classic banana bread recipe, but you can always add things (chocolate chips, anyone?!) to make it different.  What's your favorite recipe?  I'm always looking for new things to make!

No comments