Powered by Blogger.

An Update

It's been a few weeks since I've had time to post anything so I thought I'd get started with a little update.  What have we been up to?

- School started back for me pretty quickly in the new year and this is taking up the bulk of my time away from blogging.  This semester is all about health policy and leadership and with our newly elected President and his ....unique.... leadership style and policy changes, you can imagine how crazy things have been.  I spend a lot of time researching, reading, writing discussion questions and quite honestly, the last thing I want to do is sit down and write some more!


- We did enjoy a "snow" day earlier this month.  They were calling for 6-8 inches and it slowly dwindled down to "well you might get something."  I don't generally tell my kiddos anything until the day of because there is always the chance plans will change.  I didn't tell Hadley about the snow until the day it was supposed to snow and at 2pm that day is when they changed how many inches we were getting....GGRRR.  We went to bed with no snow and I just knew Hadley was going to be so disappointed the next morning.  Thankfully, the ice stuck and we ended up with half an inch of snow on top and that was enough for her.  She woke up and said, "Mommy, you were right!  It DID snow!!"  So, I'm still "right" for a little while longer. :) 




-We also celebrated a Clemson Tiger Victory in the National Championship game!  David and I stayed up to watch (we were still snowed in so no one had to go to work, score!)  We accidentally woke Hadley up with all of our hollering and jumping around, so she got in on the fun, too.  It was pretty fun getting to share that moment with her!  We also went to the Champions Parade in Clemson the next Saturday and I'm so very glad we did.  It was so much fun.  They had major mediocre seasons while David and I were there, so seeing them come out on top has been so sweet.




-We were snowed in Monday and by Friday we were playing at the park in 70 degree, sunny weather.  I'd be fine if every winter was just like this.  One couple days of snow and then back to the warm weather!



-In my spare time (haha) I've been doing some serious crafting!  I have found it actually helps me relax and I enjoy making stuff.  Here are a few of my projects:








I don't have an Etsy shop (because who has time for that with school, raising babies, keeping house, etc??), but I do sell things, so if you see something you like, just shoot me an e-mail. :)

-And mostly, I've been spending a lot of time with my kids.  They are growing way too fast and I love it and hate it.  Time is cruel, friends! ;)




I'm hoping to be a lot more regular around here again now that I'm getting into a routine.  Looking forward to catching up with everyone else, too! :)

1 comment

  1. I'm sure this is going to be a super interesting semester for you! Glad you popped in with the update. So, I do a lot of vinyl crafting for Madeline but have never made anything for myself, aside from a quick monogram for my water bottle. What shirt blanks do you get for you?

    ReplyDelete