Powered by Blogger.

What's In a Name?

Heading back to my 31 day blog challenge, that is going to take the rest of my life to complete! ;)  Today's question was, "what's the meaning behind the name of your business?"



Well...I don't have a business.  Momma ain't got time for all that.

So, I thought I'd tell you the meaning behind my blog name instead.  It's really not much of a story, but let me tell you, I agonized over the name of this silly blog for far too long, haha! I felt like it had to be absolutely perfect.  It needed to be catchy so people would want to read it!  It needed to be some cute play on words!  It needed to reflect how in-depth my thoughts would be!



I'm serious, friends.  I have no idea what my problem was.  (I so wish there was a laughing crying emoji for blogger.)



In the end, I settled on a short and sweet description of our days.  Right now, in this time of my life, I survive on coffee and with two toddlers- we are constantly wiping off, walking on, and sleeping with (ha!) cookie crumbs everywhere.


*Exhibit A: Crumbs.  Poor second child had to get his own snack.  At least it was healthy? Haha :)

This blog is really just a journal for me and my family, if they choose to read it.  Every once in a while I do some fun posts about my thoughts on certain subjects or what toys my kids have loved at what ages because those kind of posts have been so helpful for me along my motherhood journey, but mostly I post about my kids.  And our life- our fun times and our struggles, our dreams and our realities.


*Girlfriend found the lipstick!  Doesn't she look beautiful?

So, my blog name, "Coffee and Cookie Crumbs" is just an accurate depiction of any random day at my house in this time of sleepless motherhood and messy toddlerhood.  Maybe one day, if I get some fancy blog design, I'll add a tagline like: "Finding joy in the messy moments of life" or "Our quiver full of messy blessings" (based off Psalm 127:3-5...you know it--children are a heritage from the Lord...blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.")


*My quiver.*

Anyway, I added a whole lot to this blog just to tell you the meaning behind the name, haha!  I hope you all have a great weekend!  I know I will...I turned in my last assignment of the semester this morning!  Now I have two glorious weeks of nothing before summer sessions start up.


*Doing the happy dance at 5:30 this morning after finalizing my policy brief and turning that bad boy in!

And please--I'd love to know the meaning behind your blog names!  Tell me I'm not the only one who  had such a hard time coming up with the "perfect" name, haha!

No comments