Powered by Blogger.

Confessions

Every time I get on social media, I feel so overwhelmed with how "perfect" everyone seems to be.  Oh, please tell me more about how you made home-made goo for your 2 year old toddler while you were 9 months pregnant, and how you've taught said 2 year old to sit perfectly still and not sling home-made goo all around the house and grind it into every crevice of the couch."

I'll be honest.  I do it, too.  95% of my social media posts are about how wonderful life is because hello, how else do I keep up with the rest of the perfectly-coiffed social media mommas out there??


Picture perfect for social media.  A little mess on the mouth, but nothing that requires an entire bath. A little messy, a lot cute.

And while I do love my life and want to remember the "perfect" times, I have some confessions to make:

Sometimes we watch Cinderella 3 times in.one.day..... I mean, when I have things to get done I can't do it with two babies underfoot.

If we aren't watching Cinderella (or Daniel Tiger, or Brave, or Frozen), then someone has my phone and is watching you-tube videos.  Kinder eggs anyone?  Hello Kitty?  Some strange, spanish version of Peppa Pig?  So much screen time and I really don't care. 

You know, things to get done...like reading a book.

Hadley is still rear-facing.  She's almost 3 and the recommendation is rear-facing until 2.  (Although research shows they should be rear-facing as long as possible or until they grow out of the rear-facing restrictions because their little neck muscles aren't strong enough to withstand a forward-facing crash and support their spine.)  But let's be honest.  If I get the carseat out to turn it around, I'm going to have to clean all the crushed up food out of it, wash the material part...and momma ain't got time for all that.



I don't shower every day.  Sorry if that comes as a shock but it's a choice between sleep and cleanliness and I choose sleep.

Hair up, work out clothes on, no make-up.  Yep, this is a "no-shower" day.

I bribe my children to get them to do things.  The best example I have is bribing my daughter to say her bible verse.  Nothing says "Jesus loves you" like a good old-fashioned m&m bribe!

I'll give you a popsicle if you take a picture with me!

I have a lot more, but we'll save those for another day.  Please tell me I'm not alone in these things! :)






No comments