Powered by Blogger.

Happy Birthday, Hadley!

Hadley,



You are 3 years old today!  My, how time has flown.  I can remember the day you were born like it was yesterday.  It is still one of my favorite days I've ever experienced.  It was the day you made me a Mommy, the day my world turned upside down, and a day I will never, ever forget.  And it's hard to believe it was already three years ago.  I always knew I would have a daughter, and you sweet girl--you have been all I imagined and more.  You are such an amazing little girl!  You are so very smart, loving, and kind.  You are independent, stubborn, and hysterical.  You are so expressive and I find myself stifling laughs sometimes because you have so much attitude!  It's your Mommy made-over.  I can't fault you for it, you get it honestly.  :)







You love:

  • Mommy, Daddy, baby Griffin
  • playing in your "kitchen" and making food for everyone
  • playing with your new dollhouse
  • sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's bed
  • Lamby and baba (your lovey and pacifier...)
  • your cat Jovie





You dislike:

  • blood, you've recently really started freaking out at even the smallest speck!
  • shots- after the rocephin shots for your ears, you aren't a fan.
  • having your picture taken!
  • having your hair washed
  • loud noises- again, when you got your tubes, this went to the extreme
  • Griffin taking your toys- we are working on sharing and "when a baby makes things different, find a way to make it fun!"
  • rest time.  You got rid of your nap really early on, but I still make you rest.  







Your favorites are:

  • Curious George, Peppa Pig, and Daniel Tiger (tv shows)
  • Frozen, Cinderella, The Polar Express (movies)
  • "5 Minutes Peace", "Where the Wild Things Are", "Read Aloud Rhymes" (books)
  • Beautiful Girl (Beautiful Boy by John Lennon!), He's got the Whole World in His Hands, any song from Frozen, Jesus Loves Me, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, Do Your Ears Hang Low (songs)
  • carrots and hummus, carrots and broccoli, cinnamon apples, yogurt pouches, fruit snacks, spaghetti (foods)
  • Hattie, Rachael, and Nick (friends)







You can:

  • count to 15 by yourself
  • know your colors
  • draw the letters "H" and "A"
  • pick out the letters "H", "A", and "B" in books/stores/etc.
  • sing many, many songs by heart
  • quote pretty much the whole Frozen movie
  • walk yourself up a wall into a headstand, do a bridge, and a roll (all thanks to gymnastics!)
  • go potty by yourself (still in pull-up at night but staying dry 3-4 times a week)
  • carry on conversations and everyone can understand what you're saying
  • make numbers with your fingers (hold up 3 fingers in a couple different ways)
  • ride your tricycle




You can do so much more than this, my beautiful girl, but the list would just go on and on!  You are so very special to your Daddy and me.  You have blessed our lives immeasurably and I thank God everyday for giving me the privilege of being your Mommy.  You are going to do great things in this life, my Haddy-bug, and I am going to be there every step of the way.  I hope you always know I love you, that you can do whatever you set your mind to, and that you can always come home.  Thank you for your exuberant joy, your big belly laughs, and warm hugs and kisses.  I love you, I love you, I love you.



No comments