Powered by Blogger.

Life Lately

I have been a little slack in my posting the last week or so because we have been so busy!  They are all good things that have kept me from writing so I thought I'd do a "Life Lately" post to show you what all we've been doing.

The 2nd and 3rd week of October are going to be busy for the rest of my life, forever and ever, amen. My hubby's birthday in on the 9th, Griffin's birthday is on the 12th, and Hadley's birthday is on the 19th.  Shew!  A lot of people I love have birthdays in October!

On Wednesday the 12th, we celebrated Griff-baby's one year birthday!



And pretty much right after I took his last "monthly" picture, he face planted outside and skinned up his whole face.  The day before his professional year pictures and our family pictures.  #momfail



We took him out that night for his very first taste of mexican food--he was fisting the stuff like you wouldn't believe.  I'm pretty sure he thought he'd died and gone to heaven.  Me too, buddy, me too.


Saturday, the 15th, we had their joint birthday party.  I'm pretty sure this is the only year I'll be able to get away with that because Hadley is older now and has "friends" so we enjoyed it while it lasted!  I'll do a birthday post later this week!




Hadley's gift from Mommy and Daddy was a dollhouse.  We got the kid craft mansion and the name doesn't lie.  It's a mansion all right.  Hadley can't even reach the top floor yet!  But she loves this thing  and has played with it every day since she got it.  


Wednesday the 19th, we celebrated Hadley's 3rd birthday!  I may or may not have shed some tears putting her to bed the Tuesday night before her birthday.  She was so excited to have a day entirely devoted to her.  And she deserved it!  She's such a sweet girl.  This picture has me going crazy because she just looks so old!  Where did my baby go??


Thursday, I took cupcakes to Hadley's class and her teachers and all of her friends sang her "Happy Birthday" and she was thrilled.  Snack time is right in the middle of the day and when I was leaving, she wanted to go with me.  So for an extra birthday surprise, she got to go home early.  We went to grab lunch and she said, "I want to go back to school."  Ha!



Friday we were heading out of town for a wedding for one of David's high school buddies.  My mom and grandmother came to stay with the babies and when they arrived Friday morning, I booked it to the nail place!  Coffee, quiet, and pampering?  Don't mind if I do!


We headed out about 3:00 pm that afternoon.  The rehearsal dinner/ wedding/ reception was in Asheville and it was gorgeous.  We stayed in a rented mountain house with the groom, groomsmen and their wives.  A cold front had come through, so the weather was perfect mountain weather.


Everything was held at an event location called Yesterday Spaces.  It was beautiful!  The rehearsal dinner was held in a milking barn and the alcohol was served in the silo.  I was hysterical because there were cows and chickens across the street.  David played soccer growing up and one of his high school soccer buddies was getting married.  A few of the original soccer guys were there and they had fun getting back together.




This is what happens when you become a mom of 2 and have to take care of everyone else first.  You forget your wedding dress.  And then have to have it overnighted to you for MONEY (lots of it).  We had planned to walk around downtown Asheville that morning before getting ready for the wedding, but we were picking up my dress instead.  Womp, womp.


Ready for the wedding!  The ceremony was outside and it was COLD.  The bride and groom had blankets for everyone to bundle up under which was awesome and so thoughtful!



I took this picture and said to David, "before they know it, they'll be married 5 years with 2 kids!"  I can't watch wedding dances anymore without getting teary.  Kids have ruined my emotions, haha!


My groom and THE groom.


It was a fun weekend and the last few weeks have been great, but I have sure missed snuggling with my babies.  I know they had fun with Grammy and Grandmom, but I think they missed me, too.  Hadley had a full on meltdown when we got home and then fell asleep in my lap.  Thanking the Lord my big 3 year old still needs her Mommy!


So that is what we've been up to lately!  Hoping to get back to my regular blog routine this week.  Hope your weekend was great, too!

No comments