Powered by Blogger.

What's Up Wednesday

Today, I'm linking up with Mel, Sheaffer, and Shay for their What's Up Wednesday! I've never done a What's Up Wednesday post before so I hope I do it justice! ;)

What We're Eating This Week:
(I don't really take pictures of food?? Momma ain't got time for all that!)

Monday: Six Sisters Stuff chicken bacon ranch sliders with macaroni and cheese

Tuesday: sloppy joes with sweet potato fries (so we can use up our leftover hamburger buns!)

Wednesday: herb roasted pork loin with sweet potatoes and field peas (my grandmother is making dinner tonight--hallelujah!)

Thursday: chicken pasta (store-bought roasted chicken that I toss into a pot with bow tie noodles and my grandmother's homemade tomato sauce.  Yum!)

Friday: tacos with mexican rice and refried beans

Saturday: tailgate food!  We are headed to the Clemson game, so we will be sure to eat our weight in tailgate yummies.

What I'm Reminiscing About:
Our anniversary was Saturday and this time 5 years ago, we were on our honeymoon in Hawaii!  Best. Vacation. Ever.


On top of Diamond Head looking over Honolulu


Sunset on Maui!  Take. Me. Back.

Also- we are coming up on my baby's first birthday.  This time last year I was in the final weeks of my pregnancy.  Time flies, y'all.



What I'm Loving:
Pretzel m&m's.  My mom brought a bag this weekend and I can't stop eating them.  It's actually a little embarrassing, ha!

My 25 square prints from Artifact Uprising.  In. Love. with how they turned out!





What We've Been Up To:
iPhone pictures make for terrible quality photos, but it's pretty much how I capture our day-to-day events.
We've played outside a bit now that it's cooling down.



I've been working on my photography skills--hard when neither subject will sit still!





Hadley had her first homework assignment so we've worked on that as well!


What I'm Dreading:
Is it too early to say flu season?  Hadley was sick pretty much every other week last fall/winter and I don't want a repeat!




What I'm Working On:
Discussion questions, quizzes, and papers for my doctorate coursework.  I pretty much look like this every morning, nap, and post bedtime:



Also working on this baby blanket for my sweet boy!



What I'm Excited About:
Being back in Clemson on Saturday!  Some of my favorite years were spent on Clemson's campus!


What I'm Watching/Reading"
Watching: This is Us (cue the tears),


 Shameless (raunchy and hysterical),


 and The Polar Express on repeat.  We are taking Hadley on The Polar Express train ride in December, so we introduced the movie to her and that's all we watch these days!


Reading: Still trying to make my way through "A Prayer for Owen Meany". It's not a bad book at all, I just have no time to read.  Womp, womp.

What I'm Listening To:
Michael Buble's Christmas album.  I'm a christmas freak and I'm not ashamed.


What I'm Wearing:
I busted out the fall sweaters and boots this week!  Even though it's 80 degrees outside, it's FALL and I'm going to dress like it, dang-it!


And if we are honest, a lot of my days look like this...kids hanging off me everywhere.


What I'm Doing this Weekend:
Pretty much already covered this but....heading back to my old stomping grounds for the Clemson/Louisville game!  Aaannnnddd it's ESPN game day!  So essentially I picked the best game to go to this year. :)


What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month:
Oh both of my babies have birthdays in October so it is going to be a fun month of celebrations with a little "corner crying" going on!  Birthday parties, pumpkin patches, Halloween....October is just a really fun month around here!


*Last year at Hadley's birthday.  She turned two with a double ear infection and my little nugget was only a week old!*

What Else is New:
These good-looking people are my grandparents and they just celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary by hiking trails in Canada.  They have given us a wonderful example of a beautiful marriage!


This is how we eat pancakes at our house....don't you?



What is Your Favorite Fall Recipe?:
The recipe we use is a photocopy handed down, but this Betty Crocker recipe is pretty much the gist of our recipe!  Hadley and I made this pie after we picked apples a few weeks ago and I'm already wanting another!  I mean, what's more fall than apple pie baking in the oven?


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments

  1. Hope Hadley gets to feeling better. I finally watched the This is Us premiere. Loooooved it! Will definitely be one of my regular shows this year. We honeymooned in Hawaii, too - it was the best vacation ever. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my first time to WUW too! Love the This is Us show too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through the link up! Loved the pictures of your kidsi n the Little Tikes red car...made me laugh, as I had the same one when I was younger. I loved that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your shameless love of Christmas things! And GET IT GIRL having two littles and doing grad school! I did my MBA with one baby and it was tough, you are a rock star! stopping over from the link up today, so glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you guys eat pancakes!! I adore this is us also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a girl after my own heart! I am seriously OBSESSED with Christmas and have already been listening to Christmas tunes and movies :) Can't wait for the season to officially start! Your littles are just darling! What a cute (black and white) picture of Ms. Hadley!

    https://happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete