Powered by Blogger.

One for the Books!

I was so excited last week, I think every blog post I wrote mentioned I was headed back to Clemson for the game this past weekend.  And y'all-- it did not disappoint!  I graduated from Clemson and it's just like a second home to me.  I spent a lot of great years there, met my husband there, and my best friend, too!  Essentially, the foundation for the rest of my life began there, ha!

Anyway, it was a beautiful day for football!  The game didn't start until 8pm but we got there bright and early (10:30am) so we could tailgate, spend some time at ESPN Game Day, and walk around downtown a bit.  

*Obligatory "we're on our way" car selfie*

Clemson played Louisville and it was a huge #4/#5 match-up, so it was a big game!  ESPN has come to Clemson frequently in the last few years and it's always an exciting time.  I'm not sure how many people actually watch Game Day, but at the end of the broadcast, they always pick who they think will win the game.  Lee Corso always dons the mascot head of whichever team he chooses.  When it comes to Clemson, anytime Corso chooses against us, we win.  Anytime he chooses us, we lose.  So when he pulled out that Clemson Tiger mascot to put on , the entire crowd booed!  Hysterical, I tell you! #corsocurse

We set up our tailgate, ate some snacks, and hung out for a bit, but we honestly walked around a lot Saturday.  We had lots of friends we wanted to see and we couldn't leave the babes for an entire day without bringing them something back, so once we fueled our bodies, we headed out.

*Mommas and their boys...love this little boy smiling at his Mom!*

*Game Day with my creeper of a husband*

*The pretty lady on the right is the reason I went to Clemson!  She used to take me to the mother/daughter days until Em was old enough to go.  I used to babysit Em when she was one and now she's a junior in college...what?!*

*Baby snugs*

Surprisingly, 8pm came pretty quickly.  We used to have season tickets and gave them up when we had Griffin, so we haven't been to campus in a while.  It was nice to be back and the day seemed to just fly by.  Our seats were in the West End Zone, like 9 rows up from the field--pretty perfect!


*Love the guy mean-muggin us in the back....dude, I'm a girl.  I take pictures instead of watching football.*

It was an amazing game.  Amazing.  It pretty much came down to the last play of the game and Death Valley was electric.  We didn't get home until really late (or really early!) and we were walking zombies Sunday, but man, was it worth it!  #corsocurse no more! :)

And while we were at the game, Grammy kept the babies for us!  Hadley had a birthday party for a little friend from school and Grammy took both kids!  She said they were great and I think all involved in that set up had a great time.  

*It was a fireman theme, so they had firetrucks and water hoses out there!

*Blue-eyed handsome boy*

All in all, it was a weekend for the books. I didn't take nearly enough pictures (the sign of an awesome weekend!)  and now we are kicking ourselves for getting rid of our season tickets! :)

1 comment