Powered by Blogger.

Five on Friday

Whew, I've done a slew of "link-up" posts lately and it's exciting to connect to other people, but I also want to make sure I'm documenting my days because my kids might want to read this someday (yeah, right!) and I'm sure they don't want to read all about what we ate! (Although, after recently talking to my mom, I can only remember like 4 meals she made when I was growing up, haha!)  But it's Friday so I am linking up with April for another Five on Friday post:

ONE
My grandparents came Wednesday (H&G's great-grandparents!) and loved on my kiddos (and me!).  None of our family live here, but they live close enough to make day trips and I always love when they do.  It makes me so happy that my babies get to experience great-grandparents who are still so active! They get to love and be loved by my people and that is very dear to my heart!



TWO
I loathe group work.  Make it online group work and I loathe it even more.  I'm an overachiever and I like to get things done.  We are smack in the middle of some "group" work for our doctorate program and I volunteered to put all the info together for our final presentation and when asking for feedback from the group....[crickets]



I mean, what is up with that?? You are getting the highest level degree for your career and you can't turn in your work in a timely manner???  Ah, my anxiety is through the roof.

THREE
I'm doing a joint birthday party for my babes this year.  I'm thinking it may be the only year I can pull this off, but invitations went out yesterday so I need to get my butt into party-planning gear!  Hubs is very handy with computer stuff and he made the invitations to my specifications.  We are having a "sprinkle" themed party because Hadley is really in to adding sprinkles to everything.  And that seemed pretty gender neutral to me.


*David made this for us because he's creative, but a similar one can be found here on Etsy
FOUR
I'm looking for a dress for some fall weddings/christmas parties/etc. we have coming up.  Surprisingly, we haven't had many fall weddings recently and I have no fall wedding attire (that fit post-baby bodies!).  Here are some I've narrowed it down to.  I had originally planned for a navy dress because I'm blonde-haired and blue-eyed, but this mulberry dress is kind of calling out to me!  What do you think?

 via



FIVE
I am so ready for tomorrow!  We are headed to Clemson for the big game!  It will be nice to be back on my home turf, see some familiar and loved faces, and watch the game.  The last game we went to was two years ago and Hadley wouldn't sit still.  I had to take her to the stadium entrance/concession stand area and let her run around.  I missed pretty much the whole game, but the police officers sure were entertained by her! *No children will be accompanying us on this trip!*



Happy weekend, friends!  And Go Tigers!!

3 comments

  1. Oh my goodness! Hadley's little Clemson outfits! She is precious.

    Also, I hate group projects. I was always the one doing 99% of the work. Glad those days are in the past for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love grandparents so much! I too loathe group projects, nobody can work together correctly even as adults, ugh! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Active elderly people are very inspiring - you're as old as you feel, I say. I like both the navy and mulberry dresses; can't choose.

    ReplyDelete