Powered by Blogger.

Day In the Life

As the saying goes, "the days are long but the years are short" and it's such a true statement.  It's hard for me to remember what my days looked like before I had two kids, when I just had one, when I just had one walking...etc.  It's all so different and I want to remember and have something to look back on when I'm old and my house is quiet.

I decided to document our Friday, November 18th.


My alarm goes off at 5:30am every weekday.  I make a cup of coffee, do my devotional and dig into The Word, go over my planner for the day, answer e-mails, get some schoolwork done...it's my time.  The house is quiet, it's still dark outside, the world is peaceful and it's grown to be one of my most treasured times of the day.

This kiddos woke up around 7am, so we got up, ate breakfast, and watched Frosty the Snowman.  Hadley loves Frosty right now.  My best friend and her baby boy were coming over for a playdate, so we went upstairs after breakfast and got dressed for the day.  If you're a Clemson fan, you know you wear your tiger gear Friday and Saturday, so babes were decked out in their Tiger stuff!

While I was getting ready, I turned around to find them both sucking on lollipops!  Somehow our treat bag of lollipops ended up upstairs and Hadley and Griffin helped themselves.  Not even 9am and we are already heading towards a sugar rush!  Griffin thought he was such a big boy. ;)



Jess and baby Hugh arrived around 9:30 and we all played in the playroom for the next few hours.  At one point, Hugh peed through his onesie, so we tossed it in the dryer.  Hadley is such a little Mommy and wants to hold him, love on him, sing to him, and take pictures with him.  Here she is rubbing his head:



And here she is holding him....while Griffin tries to figure out just what he is exactly.



David came home early from work Friday, so Jess and I went out to do some christmas shopping!  I love my babies and being home with them, but nothing is better for the soul than some good quality girl time!



I didn't get much accomplished.  Shopping for other people is sometimes hard for me, I'm so wishy washy and being away from my family is hard because I'm not there to "hear" when they say they need things!  Ughh.  But, the Stride Rite store is closing in our mall so everything was 50% off!  Griffin and Hadley got stocked up and I found these adorable girly sneakers for Hadley.  She loves them, although she was a little sad they don't light up, haha!



It was dinner and bath time by the time I got home.



Then, we did something huge. Hadley is 3 years old and still has a paci.  It's her "ba-ba" and she sucks on that thing all night long.  She's got quite the cute little lisp and a nice open bite now, so the time had really come to get rid of it.  Soooo, Friday night, we made a big deal of packaging it up and setting it out for the Paci Fairy!  Hadley picked out the box, put ba-ba (and a few other toys!) in the box so the fairy could take it to other little babies who need it.  We told her the fairy would leave her something in exchange for being so sweet to give her paci to another baby.  She was really into it until it was time to go to sleep.  She cried and it took her about 45 minutes to sleep, but she did eventually get there.  Each night has gotten a little easier.



Our days are busy, but they sure are sweet!

1 comment

  1. Yay for Paci Fairy success. Madeline won't take a paci anymore. She was obsessed with hers until she was six months old. We could go no where without it, now she doesn't car about it whatsoever and is a thumb sucker.

    This looks like a fun Friday! I have barely started my Holiday shopping and I love having it done super early. May not happen this year!

    The Lovely Latte

    ReplyDelete