Powered by Blogger.

Friday Favorites- Griffin's Favorite Toys


1. first years stacking cups 2. push trucks 3. fisher-price xylophone 4. fisher-price rock-a-stack 5. little tykes slide

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  We had a great holiday and I even braved a little pre-black Friday shopping with my mom to get a couple things!

I'm always looking for fun things for my kids, especially when it's gift-giving season.  Last week my Friday Favorite's post was Hadley's favorite toys so this week I'm sharing Griffin's favorite toys.

Griffin is my handsome one year old little boy, although these toys would be great for any one year old!

1. Stacking Cups
My little engineer loves stacking cups.  We have a set in the bathtub and one to play with.  He spends a lot of time trying to stack them, putting them inside each other, putting different things in the cups, etc.  It's cute watching the wheels turn in his head when he plays with this toy!

2. Push Trucks
These are the cutest little trucks!  They have a little "zoom" power, so when you push them across the floor and let go, they are able to go pretty far.  G-man loves pushing trucks around and making car sounds with them.  These are definitely some of his favorites.  They are smaller so he can carry them around, but there aren't any pieces so I don't have to worry about him putting something in his mouth.

3. Xylophone
Like any one year old, Griffin has discovered banging things makes noise and he loves how this "makes music" when he bangs it with the yellow baton.  He also likes to drag it places and bang on it with different things to see how different it sounds.  He's pretty smart. ;)

4. Rock-a-Stack
Along with his stacking toys, he loves this rock-a-stack.  He loves putting the rings on and taking them off, trying them in different orders, throwing the rings, etc.  It's also a great game for us to play together.  I can point out the different colors, which rings are big vs. small, and just like the stacking cups, I can see the wheels turning in his head.  I love toys that don't make a lot of "noise".  I want them to learn without the screen time!

5. Slide
This is probably one of the best purchases we've ever made.  Both of my kids love this thing!  I was surprised that Griffin could climb up and turn around without falling, as there isn't a platform for him to really stand on, but he's my physical one and he just figured it out one day.  This will keep him occupied for hours.  He'll climb up, slide down, laugh and clap, climb up, slide down, laugh and clap...over and over and over again!  I will say, I don't think most one year olds can maneuver this type of slide.  When Hadley was Griffin's age, we got her this slide which allowed her to get her balance on a platform before sliding.  However, if you have a monkey like me, go for it!  Just be mindful that until they get the hang of turning themselves around, they might be in for some bumps and bruises!

No comments