Powered by Blogger.

30 Acts of Kindness Days 1-10



In case you missed it, I am turning the big 3-0 in March!  In celebration, I have decided to do 30 acts of kindness!

Day 1: We aren't in a position to adopt any animals right now (hello, grabby toddlers, no fenced yard, and school all-day, every day!) so I decided to sponsor some sweet animals.  Greenville County Animal Care is the largest open admission animal facility in South Carolina.  They have a GREAT reputation and a lot of sweet babies that need homes.  Here is one of the faces I sponsored:


Doesn't he look like a big ole' teddy bear? :)

Day 2: I worked at the hospital this night, so I took a couple $1 bills and taped them on different vending machines.  Complete with medical tape, ha! ;)



Day 3: We went out of town and had dinner at a restaurant in a small town.  Our waitress was awesome, so I left her a very nice tip.



Day 4: We were out of town so we could go skiing!! Yeah!  I took the opportunity to help people on the slopes.  Mainly picking up sunglasses, ski poles, skis, etc. that people dropped when they fell.  I did a lot that.  And in return, when I lost my hat and sunglasses- someone picked them up for me. :)  Being kind never goes out of style!



Day 5: I keep journals for each of my babies and write letters to them throughout the year.  Today, I took the opportunity to write them letters about how much I love them.  Man, these babies have stolen my heart.  I never want them to forget my love for them.



Day 6: This act of kindness wasn't on my radar when I first started, but we have had a number of people in our lives lose loved ones, so today I sat down and wrote some sympathy cards.  There is only so much you can do for people who are hurting.  Thoughts and prayers are what I can give.



Day 7: Today was Valentine's Day!  I ran a bunch of errands and let a lot of people cut in front of me, let people turn in front of me, and waved and smiled at them all!  I hope they felt the love!  I couldn't take a picture while I was driving....obviously...so here's a picture of one of my cute valentine's who learned how to smile on command! :)



Day 8: Today I complimented everyone I saw.  This was kind of hard because I wanted it to feel genuine.  And we went to the grocery store on the day that the elderly get discounts....so, there were a lot of compliments to give out!  I complimented one man and Hadley said, "Amen to that!"  This girl cracks me up!



Day 9: Today I thanked all of Hadley's teachers for investing so much time and effort in our girl.  I cooked them some crockpot chicken noodle soup, Hadley picked them daffodils from our yard, and I wrote them a hand-written letter to thank them for loving my girl so much.



Day 10: I wrote a love letter to my hubby.  He works so hard for our family and I never want him to feel unappreciated.  Love you always, DB!!



The first 10 days have been fun and I am enjoying purposefully being kind to others and finding the joy in my actions!  Looking forward to what the 

No comments