Powered by Blogger.

Introducing....

...Me!  I have a few new followers, thanks to Erica's Saturday Sit-Down series, and I thought I would take the day to re-introduce myself to everyone.



My name is Erin and I live in South Carolina with my husband David, daughter Hadley (3), and son Griffin (1).



I am a nurse by trade.  I worked in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for a long time and I loved that job.  There is just something very special about a baby who has spent time in the NICU.  They bring a whole new definition to the term "fight" and the families are pretty awesome, too.  After Hadley was born, I went super part-time (PRN for all you medical folks).  I wanted to stay home and raise my baby girl, but I didn't want to leave my other babies.  I did that for about a year and a half and then the unit started making some scheduling changes that weren't working for my family anymore.  I was sad to leave, but my priority was being home with my kids while they are little (after all, they are only young for a little while!) and I wanted to soak up that time.  I didn't want to leave healthcare forever, or even stop working for that matter, but it was clear I needed to find something that worked for us.  The way things came about is all God.  He made it very clear that He is in control and I'm still in awe of how all the pieces fit perfectly into place. (You can read more about that here.) I got a new job and found out I was pregnant again all in the same month.


*What? This isn't how all nurses dress??  A little fun on nightshift ;) *

Anyway, I now work in Women's Education, teaching Prepared Childbirth classes, sibling classes, and working with staff to get a Bringing Home Baby class up and running.  I work one evening a week, so I am home with my kids during the day and they get time with Daddy when I'm a work.  It's a dream life, really.  Although, I do miss the NICU and contemplate going back all the time.  Ha!

With two littles at home, the only sane thing to do is go back to school. (Right? Right.)  I am currently in school to get my Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP)--specializing in pediatrics (PNP).  I get up early and stay up late.  Hadley is in preschool 2 mornings a week, so I work when she's there and Griffin is napping.  It's time consuming, but worth it!



In my spare time (ha!), I do like to be "crafty".  I can sew a little, so I make the kids things, and I make a lot of t-shirts.  I don't have time to run an Etsy shop, but I do sell things every once in a while.


 *A girly toolbelt for my silly girl.  She looks like such a baby here!*



That's just a short intro, but if you have any questions, shoot me a message in the comments and I'd be happy to answer!  And PLEASE, tell me about yourselves!  I'd love to know about you guys as well!


No comments