Powered by Blogger.

Spring Break 2017: Day 1



Hadley only goes to school 2 days a week (T/Th), so Thursday after school started spring break!  She has the whole week before Easter off, so I wanted to plan some fun things for us to do to celebrate.

I deemed Friday as the "first day of spring break".  Friday morning, I sorted laundry and started washing some loads (for our spring break trip on Saturday!), waiting for the kiddos to wake up.  Once they were up, we had breakfast and got dressed so we could head to Chuck E. Cheese!  We met one of Hadley's best friends and her mom there and the kids had a blast.



(Side note: did you guys ever go to Chuck E. Cheese as a kid?  I remember a totally awesome place, full of games, tickets, cool prizes and a huge stage with mechanical mice that put on a show.  Now, the stage is cut in half, and Chuck is only the top half of his body behind a dj booth....what?? Ugh, so disappointed in that.  They did have the dressed up character come out and wave/ high five the kids every hour, though.)

We ended up sharing a pizza and 30 tokens, which was plenty for the girls.  Between the two of them, they ended up with 40 tickets, which I thought was pretty good!  They each got 20 tickets which bought them a tootsie roll and a plastic spinning top (hahaha...not the prizes I remember, but I'm sure they were the same!).

And the girls were so sweet with Griffin.  He tries so hard to do all the "big kid" things like his sister and her friends.  They included him in the playground area, let him ride the rides with them, and even gave him a couple turns at the games they played.  He was in heaven.



After we left Chuck E. Cheese, we headed home to what I was sure would be a long nap for G-man, but he had other plans.  He slept for about 45 minutes and was up for the rest of the day.  Sooooo, we headed to the playground store and picked out a playset for the kids!

We have been thinking about getting one and wanted them to have it for this summer.  We've been looking for a couple months and finally settled on one.  We went to the store, ordered that baby, and it should be here in about 3 weeks!  We are so excited!!  I know the kids will love playing on it.



We came home to have dinner and pack for our weekend trip.  After dinner, David was playing on the floor with the kids while I was cleaning up and Griffin made a funny nose.  Right as I rounded the corner to see what was going on, Griffin puked all over David.  Y'ALL.  Knock on wood, we have escaped stomach bug and flu season unscathed and then this happened.  David can't even handle poopy diaper changes without gagging, so this sent him over the edge and left me to clean up Griffin and the puke.  It was definitely sick-smelling puke (Sorry, TMI!), which sent my mom brain into meltdown mode (OF COURSE this happened before vacation! Who is the next victim?  Should we go ahead and cancel the hotel reservations?) and then immediately into nurse mode (Where is the lysol?  Lysol everything!  I need my gloves and mask.  Laundry on hottest possible setting.  Must kill all the germs. Hadley don't touch that, oh my gosh they shared a drink at Chuck E. Cheese today!  And then he kissed me, we are ALL GOING DOWN.).

Griffin only got sick the one time, but I was not going to be fooled.  When Hadley was his age, she also got sick "just one time" and 2 days later I was sickest I've been in years.  So, I didn't end up packing that evening, because my hardened heart didn't want to have to unpack everything the next day when someone else fell ill that night.

Ohh, evil stomach bug, you are my nemesis.

No comments