Powered by Blogger.

Sick Ward

I had grand plans for my week off of school, in between spring and summer semesters.  I was going to blog every day, take my kids to do some fun things, get some much-needed stuff done around the house...

And then....

Hadley woke up last Saturday, in the early morning hours, throwing up.  She was pitiful and it was awful.  She couldn't even keep down the smallest sips of water.  I ended up having to take her to the doctor (after not peeing for over 12 hours or being able to keep any fluid down for the same period of time) and they gave her some zofran.  Luckily that helped and she was able to start taking some sips of water.  I had a cold that day, but spent the day cleaning and disinfecting my house.

David was scheduled to go out of the country on a business trip that Monday for a week.  Perfect timing, yes?  So he packed his bags and got well out of dodge!  Hadley took a few days to perk back up, but she finally started getting back to her old self, just in time for Griffin to go down.

Griffin woke up Tuesday morning just happy as a lark, but when I took him upstairs to get ready to take Hadley to school, he threw up all over me.  I cleaned him (and me!) up and realized he actually felt quite warm.  I took his temperature and it was 102.5!  He pretty much went downhill after that and ran a 102.5-103.7 fever for the next two days.  He only threw up the one time, but he clearly didn't feel good.  He was so whiny, clingy, and didn't want to eat.  I spent most nights just walking him around because it was the only way he was comfortable.

His fever finally broke, but he still didn't want to eat.  I saw something white in his mouth when I was brushing his teeth that night and upon closer examination I realized--he has thrush!  I looked a little more and realized he had sores all over his throat.  This poor kid had hand, foot, and mouth AND thrush on top of that.  I have no idea where he picked that up.  He's had some blisters pop up on his hands and feet, but not too many.  Most of them showed up in his throat.

So, we went back to the doctor to get something for the thrush, but the HFM just had to run its course.  And now, here we are a week later!  The best laid plans got pushed to the side, I got no blogging done last week, but quite honestly, if everyone was going to be ill, that was the best week for it.

I spent a lot of time thanking God that these sicknesses waited until my break from school to occur!  I can't even imagine how I would have done schoolwork after being up all night walking my babies around.

Am I the only one who wants to walk around like this all the time?  ANYTHING to prevent the stomach bug.  ANYTHING.

And we couldn't have done it without my grandmother and aunt, who came to the rescue.  They were so helpful and I can't thank them enough for how amazing they were!

Hopefully we are all on the mend now and I can get back to school and my blog posts!  I hope you all faired better than we did this last week! ;)

No comments