Powered by Blogger.

Fall Decor

We moved into our "new" home in the middle of May, although it's not really a new home.  It's actually >50 years old!  The previous owners had done some updating, but there is still quite a lot to do.  With two kids, getting things done has really been put on the back burner.  So, it's our home, but it doesn't quite feel like home yet.

But, I did put out some fall decorations and that has made it feel more "home-y"!


Our downstairs half-bath is "dressed up" with some target pumpkin candle holders and scarecrows!


We recently painted our living room fireplace white.  There was a lot of yellow stone under there and it was not my favorite. The brown cover is a foam covering the old owners left for us which is amazing.  The stone underneath is also white, but with two mobile kiddos, we left the foam pad on top for now!  I really think I'd like to get some throw pillows to sit in front of the fireplace.



The two blank picture frames will be great for fall and I can easily transition them into holiday decor!  I've ordered some square photos of my babies, so those will go up there when they arrive.


A simple leaf wreath is hung up next to our pantry cabinets in the kitchen.


The chalkboard is also on a wall in the kitchen, near the kitchen table.  I change it depending on seasons.  Sometimes there are bible verses up there, birthday message, etc.


This rug from Target sits by my sink in the kitchen.  I love it!


Our front door isn't covered so I'm hesitant to put wreaths out there and risk them being ruined by the elements.  So this cute pumpkin hanger is out there right now!


I have a small, decorative piece for each season for my babies doors.  Hadley's room has a twig wreath with flowers on it and Griffin's is just a small, plain twig wreath.

Obviouly, we have no paint on our walls yet, no curtains up, and a lot of home-making to still do, but the decorations definitely make it feel more like home to me!

4 comments

  1. Super cute! This is on my list for the week - to put out my fall decor. We just moved into a new to us, old home as well as have lots of updating left to do. We are rocking the 80's sea shell sink in our guest bathrooms, which drives me a little crazy! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know the struggle of an older house well, then, haha! The fall decor has definitely helped me feel like it's "home" but I'm ready to get out the paint and put some color on the walls!

      Delete
  2. You've got a ton of decorations up and I love them all! I'm a little bit obsessed with that pumpkin rug from Target and your chalkboard... I may just need to follow your lead on those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to add a little decoration each year, hopefully it will add up eventually to a beautiful display and not a whole bunch of mis-matched stuff, haha! The pumpkin rug is ADORABLE. Target never disappoints.

      Delete