Powered by Blogger.

That's a Wrap

DO NOT READ if you haven't finished Gilmore Girls!!! I'm giving you fair warning here!!

I can't believe we are closing out November!  We are literally "wrapping" up the end while wrapping presents.  Not funny?  #sorrynotsorry

I've been posting here and there, but not as frequently because 1) it's the holidays!  Everything gets busier during the holidays. 2) it's the end of the semester, so I've been tying up loose ends, finishing/submitting papers, etc.  3) Gilmore Girls.  I've stayed away until I watched all 4 episodes because I didn't want to ruin it.

So, I'm going to "wrap up" (there it is again!) November on here and I'm excited to head into December!

1) We were with my family for Thanksgiving and it was great, as always.  We stopped 3 times before we got out of the driveway because we forgot things.  When Thanksgiving Day arrived, I realized I'd left Griffin's matching Thanksgiving outfit at home.  Ugh.  Hadley has been talking about Thanksgiving dinner and she kept saying there would be "turkey, and dressing, and spaghetti..." And true to form, my grandmother (Hadley's great-grandmom) had some spaghetti for my girl.  She's not spoiled or anything. ;)














I have a good looking family, yes?

2) My first paper of grad school is due today.  I turned it in Monday, but it's so strange that my first semester of grad school is almost over.  It's been a great transition--and I'm under no illusion that it won't get harder as we progress through the program, but it's been a great start.  One final stands between me and a few weeks of "freedom!" (Yeah, right.  I have 2 kids, I don't even have freedom to use the bathroom by myself!)

WARNING: Gilmore Girls ahead!!! Proceed at your own risk!  I'm talking Gilmore Girls here so if you haven't seen the last 4 episodes or you aren't done then GO AWAY and come back when you're finished!!!

3) I'm a fan of Gilmore Girls.  Just such a fan.  I'm pretty sure my love of coffee started way back when I used to watch the show the first time around.  I don't know many people who don't like the show. (Although, fun fact: my mom is one of them.  She hates the show and I still have no idea why.) So when I found out they were doing a revival I was so excited.  

Here are my take-aways:

WINTER:
Luke's fake wifi-password-->Hilarious.
Kirk's Ooober
The memorial for Richard-->oh my heart.
Luke's misunderstanding of surrogacy-- "Am I or am I not having sex with these women?" Hahaha!
Emily in jeans and a t-shirt---what the what?!
Paris was Paris and perfect in her role.

SPRING:
Logan is engaged--this did not surprise me.  It's in line with how they work.
Paris' Chilton speech was gold, as was the bathroom scene.  The empty briefcase, kicking the door shut, FRANCIE!
"We lend them our lawnmowers, why won't they lend us their gays?" Hilarious.
I'm not sure how I feel about seeing Mr. Kim after all these years.
Parenthood alum sightings

SUMMER:
The Stars Hollow musical- mehh, I could take it or leave it.  I wish they'd spent at least some of that time on other stuff.  But the "I Am Not Unbreakable" song was great.
Carole King's "not catchy" song, ha!
The Secret Bar and how quickly they closed up shop when Taylor walked by!
Jess!  Jess, Jess, Jess.  I've been #teamjess from the first time he showed up!

FALL:
Everything about Emily's evolving character was a "yes" in my book.  Every little thing. Down to the keds--which actually reminded me of Dirty Dancing ;)
Emily's "bullsh**" rant at the DAR.  And the fact that the DAR bought a "pre-colonial douche" haha!
Emily's Nantucket house being named the "clam shack" because "Vagina House" was taken.  Seriously, her character was the best in my opinion.
Luke's speech- "I need you"
Jess most definitely not being over Rory.
The Life and Death Brigade.
Lorelai's call to her mother from the mountain.
The wedding.
The last four words. Not surprising at all.

Okay, so.  Am I the only one who was not surprised at all by the ending??  Before the last episode even began I turned to my hubby and said, "I bet you she's pregnant."  I also don't think there will be a continuation.  (Maybe, hopefully, I'm wrong, because we can always use more Gilmore Girls!)  I think everything that needed to be said was said.  I think it's weird that Michel and Lane ended up as the "best people" at the wedding instead of Sukie and Jess.  I also don't agree with Rory being Logan's mistress, but that's not out of character for them.  She and Dean cheated on Dean's wife and Logan, is still, well...Logan.

Here is what I saw: they kept talking about "full circle" and they gave us everything we need.  Essentially Rory is following in her mom's footsteps: "where you lead, I will follow" so-to-speak. ;) Logan is the baby's daddy (I really hope it isn't the Wookie's baby...) and Rory, after talking to her dad, realizes Logan is just too immature to raise a baby, too stuck in what his family wants for him.  Hence Logan is Rory's Christopher.  Jess is her true love, and obviously still has feelings for her, as we see when he looks longingly through the window at her.  So Jess is Rory's Luke.  Rory has been floundering for a while and hasn't been able to find her "true self".  She has always had great intentions, but has been making poor choices, just like her mom,  and now Rory will find her way and purpose in motherhood--just like Lorelai.

I do wish it had ended differently for Rory.  Mainly that she had married Jess and gotten out of the having-relatins-with-married-men thing, haha!  But, it's full circle and I think that's what they wanted us to see.  But maybe I'm totally off base and they will come out with some more episodes!!

Have you watched it?  What do you think?  I want to hear your thoughts!!

 

No comments