Powered by Blogger.

Friday Favorites

I'm linking up with Andrea, Erika, and Narci to share my Friday Favorites!

[ONE]
I've never really been in to olive green before, but this year I am!  I've been searching for an olive vest and was striking out everywhere.  Apparently I'm not the only one who's taken a liking to it.  I was at Target a few days ago and found this vest in the children's section, tried it on and put it in my cart.  A whole world of opportunity opens up if you can wear kids clothes! ;)  I can wear some XL stuff from the kids department, so I look from time to time.  I think it might get really weird when Hadley starts wearing those sizes and we can share clothes....although, she's barely on her growth chart so if she's ever an XL anything I'll be surprised!





[TWO]
I've started trying my hand at contouring my make-up.  I am not a frou-frou girl.  I know nothing about make-up, eye shadow, how to put outfits together.  I've been rocking the "mom" vibe since I was like 12, but I've decided I need a little more now that I'm (cough, cough) almost 30.  I *think* I did okay my first go round?  Essentially, HELPPP!!  All of you wonderfully gifted ladies out there, help me figure out what I'm doing!



[THREE]
Every time we leave school Hadley has to go say goodbye to all of her friends- which is every single kid in her class.  She runs to each of them and says, "Goodbye, ___!" and pats them all and says goodbye to them by name.  Her heart is made for making people feel special.  She says goodbye to her "teacha's" (teachers) and reserves hugs for her best friends.  I never rush her because I'm pretty sure it's a gift she's been given and I don't know how she'll use it, but I don't want to dampen her beautiful spirit.  (So, it takes us a good 10-15 minutes to actually leave the class!)




[FOUR]
Tuesday after I dropped Hadley off at school, Griffin, Bear-Bear (Griffin's lovey- who he's grown attached to and it's so freakin' adorable!), and I went to vote!  The state we live is not an early voting state and I hate that.  But last voting year I was working so I had to absentee vote and this year I'll be out of town on election day so I got to absentee vote again!  It really wasn't bad.  Griffin was great and we were in and out in 30 minutes.  I got my vote in, so should you!  Your vote counts--if you don't believe me, ask the U.K. ;)



[FIVE]
I've been watching all the girly movies lately: The Holiday, Love Actually, and My Best Friend's Wedding to name a few.  If G wakes up early, I'll turn it on and have it in the background while we play, or I might watch it while Hadley is at school and Griffin is napping.  I never get through a movie in one sitting, maybe just 30 minutes, but it's so, so good!  The Holiday and Love Actually are definitely getting me in the spirit of the holidays!



Happy Weekend, everyone! :)

1 comment

  1. I become a huge movie buff closer to Christmas and start binge watching all the Christmas movies. :)

    ReplyDelete