Powered by Blogger.

Friday Favorites

Do the holidays make you crazy?  I've spent this whole morning thinking it was Thursday and I had an entire day to get my "Friday Favorites" post ready.  Whoops!

Let's get to it!

1. First of all, I am so thankful for our new (old) home!  I'll be honest, I've felt a little less than thrilled the last few months.  It doesn't quite feel like home, with any old house there are always things breaking, needing to be fixed, the "flow" isn't how I imagined it when we bought it, etc....but some bad weather came through Wednesday night and a tornado ripped through our old neighborhood.  Some of our friends had structural damage, others lost everything.  I've never been more grateful for this new place we call "ours".



2. We saw Santa this week!  This is the first year Hadley "got it' and she just talked Santa's ear off.  We have seen Santa 4 years in a row, and for the last 3 years, I've been in the picture to prevent tears, ha!  It's really hilarious, if you ask me.  Some of my friends were saying I need to get matching outfits with my kids.  I know some people love the "crying baby" pictures with Santa, but I don't want my kids to have a terrifying experience.  I love Christmas and I want them to enjoy it as well.  And plus, I like Santa, too, so I don't hate sitting next to him.  Although, when we left, Hadley said, "Mommy, you didn't get to tell Santa what you wanted for Christmas!!" I hated to break it to her that when you have babies, Santa pretty much stops showing up for you, haha! :)



3. Speaking of Christmas, we decorated this week!  Our tree is up and our ornaments are....all over the house. ;)  We made the smart decision to put all the "important" and breakable ornaments up top and it was probably the best decision we made.  The bottom half of our tree has been "rearranged" multiple times and some are now missing.  Christmas through the eyes of children. :)  We also lost a snow globe yesterday.  Hadley was trying to turn the music box on the bottom and dropped it.  She said, "I was just trying to play some music so I could sing to you, Mommy."  Can't be mad at that!



Hadley was so excited to have her very own tree in her room!



4. And now, Hadley can wear all of her adorable Christmas dresses to school!!  I mean, could this child be any cuter?



5. We also wore our turkey outfits for one more day.  I love matching my kids.  And darn it, I'll match them every chance I can right now because I know one day they are going to hate me for it, haha!



6. Little boy has been sick the last few days.  It started with a cough and then the fever came.  He's been running a pretty high fever for a few days with a junky cough and he's just so pitiful. He still wants to play, though, bless his sweet little heart.  I took him to the doctor to rule out an ear infection and luckily his ears were clear.



When you're sick, you get to nap in Momma's bed.  I hate he feels bad, but isn't that tiger hiney sticking up the cutest thing ever?



7. And speaking of Tigers--my Clemson Tigers won their game in rivalry week BIG TIME!  A 56-7 big time!  We were all decked out in our Clemson gear that day, ready for the game that night.  We didn't go, but enjoyed watching it from the couch!



Happy Friday, friends! :)

1 comment

  1. I love having trees in the kiddos rooms-it makes it so much fun for them! I hope your little guy is back to 100%, sick babies are no fun :-(

    ReplyDelete