Powered by Blogger.

5 Easter Activities to Do With Your Kids


I love holidays.  I think the United States in particular has gotten a little "holiday happy" here recently, with something to celebrate pretty much everyday (like today is "plan your epitaph day"..what???), but I love the main holidays.  And I especially enjoy making memories with my kids!  Because Easter is right around the corner, I'm going to share 5 Easter Activities we will be doing.

1. Going to Easter Egg Hunts!
We've gone to public easter egg hunts before, and while we are laid back enough to let it go, sometimes the "big" hunts are just down-right terrible.  There are so many pushy people, no one follows the "10 egg" rule, so some kids end up without eggs, while others have baskets full, and you wouldn't believe how many of those pushy people are parents.  You're kids are watching and learning how you act, friends.  


But, this year, we are going to an easter egg hunt that is on a much smaller scale through Griffin's early intervention program and I am SO looking forward to it!  We may also tackle another egg hunt, but I'm most excited for the EI one.

2. Dye-ing easter eggs!
What's easter without dye-ing some easter eggs?  I am all for the traditional dye-ing of eggs.  I have never been able to shrink wrap those darn covers on the eggs and I don't need sparkles to make it fun.  Hadley has dyed eggs before, but doesn't remember it.  Griffin never has, so I'll get a kick out of doing it!  I plan to do this outside with no close on, ha!  (No clothes on the babies....I'll have clothes on. ;) ) 


I am extremely excited about this activity.  Hadley has recently had more questions about God and Jesus.  [Side note: my mom asked her the other day, "who loves you the most?" because everyone loves her but no one can love her like her mommy, and she answers with, "God!"  Whelp...you got me there!  I can't argue with that, haha!]  We have a cd in the car of kids hip-hop worship songs and in one of the songs it talks about how Jesus died.  The other day as we were listening to it, Hadley heard that line and said, "JESUS DIED???"  Enter confused mama trying to explain to a 3 year old about Jesus, who he is, what it means that he died....SO, all of that to say, I think this activity will be a great visual for her.

4. Our own Easter Egg Hunts!
One thing my kids love to do on Easter morning is find the eggs we've hidden around the house for them!  They are still young, so we use the big eggs and put them in pretty obvious places.  Most of the eggs are filled with candy (although, after Hadley's cavities/terrifying dentist visit yesterday--a story for another time--I'll be filling them with some healthy alternatives, too...haha!), and we have a gold egg that holds the prized possession: MONEY!  This year, I wised up and bought two different sets of colored eggs: pink for Hadley and green for Griffin!  They are at an age where they get along, but they fight over al the things, so now they each have their own set of eggs to look for, AND they each have their own gold egg.  As they get older and understand the purpose of the easter egg hunt, we'll dumb it back down to one gold egg, ha!

Terrible picture quality, but she was so tiny she had to drag her basket, haha! :)

5. Easter Egg Coloring Pages!
Hadley is really into coloring and drawing these days (and the girl can draw!  I don't know how well kids are supposed to be able to draw at 3 1/2, but she's good!), so I printed out a couple of plain Easter eggs for her to draw pictures on!  If she's having quiet time, or in the car, or I'm fixing dinner...she can color them.  Griffin scribbles, but he can color them, too! 


That's it!  Five Easter activities we will be doing this year.  What do you guys do for Easter?  What are some ideas we should be incorporating?!

No comments